Does Edit My Paper collect any information?
Edit My Paper collects the information an editor or client provides during editing transactions, registration or providing relevant academic records in order to facilitate solely an editing transaction, newsletter email or internal auditing.
Edit My Paper collects and stores for a limited amount of time any paper uploaded in order to complete the transaction and for possible disputes. All information and documents are stored securely.
Editing transactions and registration of editors involves the collection of any information deemed necessary, all of which you will be asked for prior to collection. Browsing the site does not involve the collection of any information unless you fill out a form, register or conduct an editing transaction. All financial information such as credit card information is processed via Stripe.com (or PayPal) which is handled by Stripe’s (or Paypal’s) SSL encryption. Edit My Paper does not store any credit card information as it is processed on Stripe’s (or PayPal’s) side and subject to their Terms of Service.
How is your information used?
Information and documents collected may be used for the following purposes, but not limited to:
- To enhance and customize emails, editing opportunities or general communication between Edit My Paper and yourself.
- To conduct audits or resolve disputes.
- To conduct editing transactions and provide relevant information via email, telephone, or other methods of communication in the event of a dispute.
- To provide customer service or communications via email, telephone or direct mail. Updates, potential editing jobs or other information about Edit My Paper may be communicated via email and be personalized with the information you provided. Unsubscribing to any email notification is easy and located at the bottom of every email (or you may reply to that email telling us what you would like to do).
- Documents uploaded are only distributed to the editor that accepts the editing job based on the editing criteria such as number of pages, time limit, and remuneration. In the event the editor is unable to complete the editing job within the specified amount of time another editor may be given your document to complete or restart the editing process.
Do we protect your information?
We utilize SSL encryption and adhere to a strict internal password policy. Credit Card information is sent via an encrypted connection direct to Stripe and protected with Stripe’s encryption. All personal information is kept confidential. Editors and clients NEVER are provided with each other’s information. We have electronic countermeasures to ensure that personal information is kept out of documents uploaded for editing. Client’s information is never distributed to the editor. If you wish for your paper or information to be deleted, simply email us at info @ editmypaper.ca and we will process your request shortly.
Do we use internet cookies?
Cookies are used to personalize your web experience in order to have our computers ‘remember’ if you had begun any transaction or inquiry. Cookies retain basic information about what links you look at on our website in order to benefit your browsing experience and help us build on what our clients find most helpful. Cookies are also used to tailor relevant ads.
Is your information ever released outside of Edit My Paper?
Your information is not disclosed, distributed, or sold to any outside party. The only parties that have access to your information is Edit My Paper. The information in a client’s document to be edited is disclosed to facilitate the editing process to the editor(s) involved. Some third parties may be contracted by Edit My Paper to audit, enhance or assist Edit My Paper in our day to day operations.
Any third party must adhere to our strict privacy and confidentiality agreements put in place. If law enforcement provides a court order for your information, it may be released to cooperate with any proceedings, enforce our Terms of Service, or other pertinent issues. Only information that is available at the time of request will be released and clients or editors will usually be promptly notified if any information is released. Cookies may be used in conjunction with any advertising, but none of the information will be disclosed to the public.
Do we link to outside sites?
From time to time we may link to outside sites in order to provide additional services or information. You are responsible to view their Terms of Service and/or privacy policies as well as adhere to them when using outside, third party services.
Fighting Internet and Wireless Spam Bill C-28
Edit My Paper strives to adhere to all online and offline privacy, spam and commerce laws in the Province of Ontario.
Please Contact Us